Monday 30 July 2007

Now it's over, what next?

Back from holiday. Would love to say I'm feeling refreshed and wonderful, but that would be a stretch and a half! It's amazing how coming back to grey skies and the utter shittineess of one's life can take away all the ecstatic glee one managed to acquire while musing about on gorgeous beaches and by luxurious swimming pools.

To be fair, the holiday was rather brilliant. Did nothing other than eat, drink, drink some more and engage in almost no real sort of activity whatsoever. Spent a week on a wonderful island (can't really tell you where though) with miles of pure white sand beaches and clear blue waters. I did partake in an underwater boating trip, but spent most of the time distracted by the captain - all 6'2", tanned, tall, Portugese inch of him. Saw him the following day on the main stretch of beach when he proceeded to flirt outrageously and hand me his number. I had a giggle about that with Daniel afterwards. Yes, I did take the number, and yes, I promptly lost it on purpose. I do have some sort of moral code, which happens to include not indulging in trysts with random men whilst on a special holiday with the other half!

So now I'm back, what next? Trying my best to stay off AFF (it's scarily easily to find men to shag on there) and concentrating on work (I think!). I got a text from Royal Marine guy whilst I was away. He's off to Afghanistan in September and would like to meet up again. I haven't responded to it, and I don't think I ever will. As great as he was, I'm slowly learning that my usual one-time rule is best adhered to! I also got an email from Craig who apparently is now single. Should I or shouldn't I? Will let you know in due course ...

No comments: