Monday 19 March 2007

Craig* - March 2007

As I mentioned in my previous post, I met up with Craig* after he responded to my most recent post on CL. He was one of those kind enough to send a picture with his initial email. Lovely smile, albeit slightly cheesy (which he himself readily acknowledged).

We met up at Pagliacci on Kingsway [near Holborn]. As you can imagine, mistakes are easily made when meeting up with someone whom you've never seen before. And, no matter what some men say, pictures can (and do!) lie on a regular basis! Well, Craig's picture told the God honest truth (to be quite fair, his picture didn't do him justice). Not terribly tall, but a very cute face and the smile looked more pleasing and less cheesy in person. And he was all of 25! [My Daddy issues are dissipating!] Mid-conversation, I was wondering just how soon we would end up in bed together when - horror of horrors - he admitted he had a girlfriend! Yes, yes, I can hear you all screaming, "well, that's never bothered you before!", but hey, people change! Think of it as one of my numerous New Year resolutions .... [one of which I ended up breaking on the stroke of midnight at a swingers' club in Paris ... :)]

So no, I didn't take things further, though Lord knows I wanted to. We were in the bar for all of three hours, but it didn't feel like it, we got on that well. Amongst other things, we swapped horror stories (sexual and non-sexual) and I got a peek at his girlfriend's picture, a drop dead gorgeous Scandinavian who was apparently away on holiday in Asia for a month. You know, sometimes I just can't understand why men who end up with stunners jeopardize that with sordid thrills. It makes absolutely no sense to me [but then again, I'm not a man.]

Craig*, if you're reading this - my offer still stands. Call me if and when you end up single or, failing that, if you AND your girlfriend would like to play [What can I say? I'm greedy!]

Result: no sex (not even a kiss, I was being that pious!)
Contact: further contact a definite (and much desired!!) possibility ....

*all names have been changed to protect the guilty

No comments: