Tuesday 10 July 2007

Fever Friday et al

So how'd the party go? Not too bad, actually. Met a good number of people, four of whom happened to recognise me from my AdultFriendFinder profile (scary!). Yes, Jon and Lisa were there. Was good to see them again, but Jon's got to learn not to be so pushy. He kept trying to keep hold of me all evening, which was rather annoying at the very least, especially when Lisa had already made it clear she was not in the mood to "play". Poor thing. I think they ended the night on a really bad argument because the last I saw of them, Lisa was storming back to their hotel with Jon several feet behind her looking very sheepish. Men - when will you all learn?!

No, I didn't end up going back with anyone but I did get some numbers and had a quick fumble here and there. Not sure if I'll be going to the next Fever event - to be fair, the average age of the people there seems to be edging closer and closer to the late thirties/early forties. Yes, I'm ageist. Deal with it!

Saturday night wasn't so good at first. Daniel was still away till Monday, the house was so empty and quiet and I was bouncing off the walls. Tried to convince Mark (see below) to meet up, but he was having none of it. I settled myself on the couch, resigning myself to a night in, but got a call from a friend, James*, and met up with him and his friends at Edgware Road. We all went back to his in Maida Vale to continue partying the night away. Totally convinced myself I wasn't going to end up in bed with him again. Fat chance! I ended up in bed with him and two of his male friends. Blame the Red Bull and Coke (both kinds!) Had a good time, but a hell of a comedown on Sunday morning. Didn't get home till 10 a.m., at which point I had a shower, changed my clothes and popped out of the house again to see some family. Luckily, they either didn't notice or didn't comment on the bloodshot eyes and incoherent ramblings.

Ended up at Mark's later that day and didn't leave till about 2 a.m. Monday morning. Had a great time again, but very odd frisson in the air. Can't explain it, but suffice to say I don't think I'll be meeting up with him again. Damn shame, but what can one do?

Don't worry. I might have had a crazy weekend but those tend to be few and far between, rather than the norm. I did have a lot of fun though. Kind of almost makes me wish I were single and could do stuff (and people!) like that all the time ...

(Then I realise that that's just crazy talk!!) x

No comments: