Thursday 28 June 2007

I hate pressure!!

There's another Fever Open House party tomorrow, and not sure if I can be bothered to go. It wouldn't be an issue if Jon* and Lisa* (the couple Daniel and I got together with at the previous Open House) didn't keep texting me to come along, share their hotel room etc. I keep texting them back to say that I'm fairly busy that day and not sure if I'll be up to it. The last thing I want to do is make a commitment to turn up and then not bother. That's just not me! (You know me, the figurehead of politeness!)

Problem is they've still kept texting me (we're up to six texts so far!) and I'm getting sick of it! I've already explained that I might not be able to make it. Anyway, even if I do go, I don't see why I should restrict or pigeonhole myself to one couple, regardless of whether or not I enjoyed their company last time. I like to keep my options open, like everyone else. I'd simply tell them that, but again, I'm too polite for my own good. I've already said that if I don't meet up with them tomorrow, we can arrange some other time this summer, so I don't know why they just don't get the hint and get over it! What makes it even more annoying is it's Jon that's been texting from his phone, not Lisa (despite the fact she was the one who took my number in the first place). Women are so much more perceptive - I bet if I'd explained the situation to Lisa instead of Jon in the first place, she'd have understood and let it go. Which makes me think that Jon isn't telling Lisa he's been texting me constantly - and that, my friends, is NOT good! I'd probably text her to let her know that he's been texting me, but I've been in a similar situation before and it didn't work out so well.

Basically, the male half of a couple I'd met before kept calling for me to meet up with them. I casually mentioned it to his partner in passing when I saw her online on MSN, and it turns out she had no idea! As you can imagine, all hell broke loose! She accused him of just wanting cheat under the guise of swinging, she accused ME of leading him on and getting him to lie to her (as if!), he accused ME of being mean and vindictive .... and I ... let's just say I blocked the both of them and told them to fuck off! I don't need that sort of drama in my life!

So, I've sent Jon an email (yes, he's been emailing me, AS WELL AS texting!) telling him (yet again) that I'm not sure I'll be coming, but if I do, I'll definitely come over and say hello. Let's hope he gets it this time!

No comments: